Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A dog to savor

So, I'm still trying to eat healthy, but today at lunch I lapsed.

The Doghouse was calling my name. (I got a hankering for a hotdog because I just found out that a new Johnnie's hotdog house is opening soon on Concord Pike. There will be a short item on Wednesday in my Diner's Digest column.)

The Doghouse, 1200 N. Dupont Highway, New Castle, 328-5380 is a Delaware institution. It's been around for more than 50 years.
I don't know what I like more - the twirling counter seats and old-fashioned atmosphere or the hotdogs with sauerkraut.
The photo to the left, from staffer Jennifer Corbett, is of a Doghouse chili cheese dog. I got a dog with mustard and kraut and washed it down with a Diet Coke. (At least I didn't get a root beer.)

Cheap eats for $3.80.


No comments: