Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hoagies

Last month, Second Helpings reader Andy Miller suggested I check out Gaudiello's Italian Hoagies and Steaks located in the back of Trolley Square Shopping Center in Wilmington near the Chinese take out restaurant.

I got a small Italian hoagie ($6.25) with the works - pickles, hot and sweet peppers, etc. I thought I was only going to eat half, but I couldn't stop eating. (Yeah, there goes my healthy eating for the day. But, I ate it with a diet soda. Does that make it all better?)

Really good sandwich. The meat is sliced fresh and had thinly sliced proscuitto. I'd go back again. Maybe next time I'll get a Nigerian hoagie -it's made with roast beef and turkey.

Give it a try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tried Gaudiello's in back of Trolley Square based on other writer's comments. It was the best italian hoagie I've had in Delaware. The owners were very friendly and hoagie was made with great freshly sliced meats. I'm going back for a cheese steak next week.

Anonymous said...

Try Lucia's Cucina take out in the Greenville Center for the best pizza in town. They also have a large italian menu. The food is great and very reasonably priced. A large dinner size portion of lasagna for $10. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Gaudiello's, in my opinion, makes the best Italian sub in Delaware. The roll is perfect and the meat is sliced right there in front of you, including two thin slices of prosciutto. A must try.