Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Regular Gal Grub

Our Food DOGs are MIA today so here's a "Regular Gal Grub" review from yours truly:

By PATRICIA TALORICO

Lunch in a hurry - as in pick it up and eat at my desk (which is, I know, seriously depressing and something that I wish I didn't do often) - is frequently sushi from Tokyo Sushi (658-6586) at the Wilmington Riverfront Market.

(I'm such a frequent visitor that one of the owners knows me pretty well now.) Then I usually make a quick stop at the Riverfront Produce stall. Have you had their homemade pico de gallo? Good stuff.

Yesterday, I was back in the market and in a hurry. On my way to the usual sushi fix, I noticed a lunch special at Jonas Miller's Bake and Butcher Shop (655-2770) - a sandwich, chips and a drink for $6.85. That's a pretty good deal. I ordered the huge Amish chicken salad on rye bread, got a bag of Herr's and an iced tea. (Bleech. It was in a can.)

Chicken salad wasn't bad, though I tasted something sweet - relish, I believe - which kind of turned me off. I almost asked the counter guy before I ordered if the salad had relish (always an unnecessary ingredient in chicken salad, in my opinion), but then I got distracted by the produce department.

Anyway, live and learn. Next time, I order the lunch special, I think I'll ask for the roast beef and cheese.

No comments: