Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy holidays


Enjoy the holiday and eat something worth talking about. I'm off for a few days, so let me give you an early gift.


Just saw a sign for Masamoto, an Asian grill and sushi bar at 1810 Wilmington Pike (U.S. 202) in Glen Mills, Pa. Phone number is (610) 358-5538. It's in the Keystone Plaza, same shopping center as Pescatore's Italian seafood restaurant, not far from the Delaware state line.


Didn't eat there - yet. But I did glance in the dining room - it looks pretty spartan - and picked up a menu. Prices look good - tuna and avocado roll is $5, sushi and sashimi per piece is between $1.50 to $3. Entrees include mango shrimp $15; green Thai curry, $11. Sushi bar lunch with soup and salad is $9 inclues 4 pieces of sushi and California roll.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just went last night. Really impressed! Great prices, a bit cheaper than other places of their kind in DE. They had excellent sushi, and some chef specials that I have not seen outside of Philly and NY. (monk fish liver, live scallop, etc). I had the salmon skin salad which was great, crispy and moist at the same time, served over seaweed salad. Hot and sour soup was very pungent and hot. A friend of mine tried the stalwart General Tso's chicken which he proclaimed as the best he's tried. (It was good, I stole a piece)!
Wait staff is a bit english challenged, but very friendly and eager to please. They forgot an item I asked for to go, and they gave us a free dessert! I will definitely be back to try a couple of different items I noticed. Make sure to see the specials, which are numerous and not on the menu.
ps,
I would not have noticed this place had I not been actively looking for it. Can't see it from the highway and the sign under the shopping center logo is very small. Look for it! Great stuff.

Located on 202, just past PA line, across from Glen Eagle shopping center, next to Pescatore's.

Have fun!

mw