Thursday, December 27, 2007

No love for New Year's Eve


I'm trying to muster some enthusiasm for New Year's Eve, but my zeal for this holiday is almost zero. Never been a big fan of confetti throwing, noise makers and smooches from sloppy drunk strangers. I adore a good party but Dec. 31 always seems like everyone tries way too hard to have a good time.

But it is a holiday that celebrates Champagne, one of my favorite beverages, so while I won't wear a paper tiara, I will have a glass of bubbly.

Haven't yet nailed down plans - isn't it always that way? - but if we don't head out, I'm thinking about a Chinese "banquet" with friends and family. Black bean stir-fry clams, shrimp toasts, and maybe sticky ribs and duck. Or perhaps a make-your-own taco bar complete with slow-roasted pork, corn tortillas and plenty of guacamole.

In my glass, it will likely be Schramsberg Mirabelle - a lovely California sparkler - or maybe something simple like Castell Roig, a Spanish cava.

What are you doing?








No comments: