Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Great Mashed Potato Mystery: SOLVED!

The other day I wrote about the crazy love customers have for the mashed potatoes at Culinaria.

I told Eric Ruth about my experience last Saturday and as we chatted his eyes practically rolled back in his head. He then began preaching the gospel about the creamy dreamy deliciousness of Culinaria's spuds and their buttery richness.

(Damn that Ruth and the way he can describe food! I've been thinking about potatoes for three days straight.)

I just received an email from Culinaria owners Ezio and Pam about the mashers (thanks, chefs!) and I don't think they'll mind me sharing:

"We're not sure if ours are the best mashed potatoes, but they are pretty popular. There's not much of a secret, but what may make a difference is the fact that we mash the potatoes by hand using an old fashioned masher. It could be that people are reminded of the mashed potatoes they grew up with."

Mash by hand. Got it?

Case closed.

- PT

No comments: