Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The pints of Black & Tan will be flowing....


Just drove by Kelly Logan's House , Trolley Square's, and probably Delaware's, most famous Irish bar. They're gearing up for big afternoon - and night.

The white tent has been popped open, a Guinness truck is parked next to the building and a guy was unwrapping what looked like loads of hotdog rolls at a table near the entrance.

Catherine Rooney's across the street already had a colorful crowd of green-wearing revelers raising mugs and swapping green beads.
Just an FYI, don't park in the parking lot of The Rockford Shops if you're going to one of the Trolley bars. Getting towed is no way to spend a holiday. Don't count on the luck of the Irish.
This time of year always makes me miss the old O'Friel's Irish Pub. (Yep, I'm showing my age, but I did love that bar.) Somebody sing "Danny Boy" for me.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: