Thursday, March 12, 2009

A whole new meaning to "cheesesteak wit"


I've never bought or eaten Hot Pockets, a confession that once left some of my colleagues incredulous.

Having a freezer full of premade, microwavable food isn't in my DNA. It just doesn't sound appealing to me. I guess, I'd rather make my own sandwich then nuke a sodium-filled convenience snack.

So I'm fairly certain I'm going to skip the new Tony Luke's line of frozen cheesesteaks. A FROZEN cheesesteak??? This scares the bejeezes out of me. What the heck happens to the sacred, crusty roll, which is the backbone of any great cheesesteak?
Rick Nichols, a food writer for The Philadelphia Inquirer, who is loyal to the city's beloved sandwich, put his stomach on the line to try the frozen cheesesteak. Here's his report.

No comments: