Friday, November 30, 2007

Riverfront Market


Are you a Riverfront Market shopper?

I've been a frequent visitor to the South Orange Street indoor market in Wilmington since it opened in 2000. It's a cool space, but, initially, I was disappointed they didn't more merchants. (If you're used to the jumbled Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia and its wide variety of foods, you're in for a letdown.) But the Wilmington market has been growing on me and I now find myself there at least one to two times a week. It is the subject of my Dish column today.

The crowds have really picked up in the past year or so and Pat Forester, the marketing coordinator, says they're hoping to get more vendors soon. (Currently, they have 12.)

I think the market could use a Mexican eatery, a barbecue joint and maybe a stall specializing in Middle Eastern food. (And, hey, what about an Woodside Creamery ice cream stand?) It also would be great if they got some lunchtime entertainment. The Philly market has a guy who plays the piano.

What do you think? What's missing at the Riverfront Market?

No comments: