Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You are what you eat


So, I'm the kind of person who may, occasionally, snack on a red velvet cupcake while watching the weight loss reality NBC TV series "The Biggest Loser." The irony is not lost on me, believe me. (Last night, I ate an orange. Does that now make me a better person?)

I do try to eat healthy and in moderation. While exercise could defintely be a bigger part of my life, a goal lately has been to buy local, seasonal foods as often as possible, eliminate processed foods and scan labels and avoid foods with high fructose corn syrup.

In its December issue, now on newsstands, "Men's Health" magazine ranked the 20 Worst Foods in America for your waistline, including those from fast-food and sit-down restaurants, as well as items available at the supermarket.

The worst food in America, totalling 2,900 calories, 182 grams of fat and 240 g carbs was Outback Steakhouse's Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing.

Gazooks, my cholesterol is rising just writing that sentence. Talk about fat guy food. I dunno, fries blanketed in cheese and dipped in ranch dressing just doesn't sound very appealing to me. It also makes me want to take a 3 mile walk.

Just some food for thought before tomorrow's big pig out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take a look around you. Men have no monopoly on being fat. Nothing worse than a fat woman with stretchy flabby arms and elephant like legs