Thursday, November 29, 2007

Martha gets the lowdown from Mario


So, it seems like the Food Network is cleaning house. Out with the old (Emeril) and in with the new (that god-awful bleached blond spiky hair guy.) Martha Stewart doesn't seem to think the changes are such "a good thing." She played Chris Matthews on her show and questioned Mario Batali about his future with the network. This is how it went down:

Martha Stewart: I have to ask you one question, because so many people are asking. Why aren’t you going to be on the Food Network?

Mario Batali: Well, the Food Network has made the conscious decision to go a little more mass market than I would say that I appeal to…but I am still on Iron Chef and as a matter of fact, I am the number one Iron Chef! We are in the middle right now of a 17 match winning streak. There’s a lot of options out there, and the Food Network is a really cool thing - it is just they have decided to choose whatever they want to choose. I’m not mad at them.

(You believe that??? I dunno, me thinks Mario is playing nice, but not exactly honest.)
I had heard rumors that Mario's photos were removed from the walls of the Food Network. But when I was at the studio a few weeks ago following around Morimoto when he taped an "Emeril Live" appearance, I saw several photos of Batali.

No comments: