Monday, March 26, 2007

Shopping restaurant supply stores


Last Thursday's Home & Garden section featured my story about RES, the restaurant equipment supply stores where food industry professionals - and the public - can shop for good deals. Alton Brown of "Good Eats" on the Food Network is also a big fan of these kind of stores.

Reader Ed Hunt wanted me to fill me in The Restaurant Store at 3065 New Castle Avenue, Wilmington, De 19720; 421-9950. (See letter below.) I called the store and spoke to manager Rus Ruark who said the store is indeed open to the public. There's no fee to join. Just go in shop away. It looks really cool.

Thanks Ed for the heads-up.


Patricia,
I read your article "CHEF'S SPECIALS" in the News Journal today.
I just wanted to let you know that R.E.S. is not the only restaurant suppy store
in the area. I work at the place in the above link. Please check it out.
I also would like to add that what our competitor has to special order in many cases we have in our
store. Our store is 22,000 square feet in size.
I thought you sholud have been a little more objective.
Thank you,
Ed Hunt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've shopped at the Restaurant Store quite a few times in the past couple years. They really have a great selection of items and their staff is very helpful and friendly. Nobody should feel at all nervous about stopping by and checking their selection out. I've found tons of things for both my personal use, and for things like community bake sales etc.