Friday, October 12, 2007

Ciao bella


I'm off for a three-week adventure which will include amazing Italian foods and wine. (Even a few Slovenian ones!)

Eric Ruth will be your delightful host during my absence. (He'll be on vacation next week, so probably no Eric until Oct. 22) I may check in during my travels, but given the long, leisurely lunches that I plan to enjoy, don't count on it. Well, maybe I'll stop in at the cute little Internet cafe in Florence....we'll see. (To the right, is the view from the villa that I'm staying in the tiny town of Impruneta. Woo-hoo!)

We'll catch up in early November and have lots to discuss. Eat and drink well, my friends. I'll raise a glass of Chianti to you.

Ciao, ciao.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished an enjoyable book by Michael Tucker (of "LA LAW" fame) about his adventures in Italy. He and his wife Jill bought a very old house, enlarged it, and just love it there. Much of the book is about FOOD!

Title: "Living in a Foreign Language". He is a delightful writer.

Joanie

Anonymous said...

Hey PT we miss you already! Nobody writes and keeps up informed about the Wilmington dining scene like YOU. Have fun in Italy but hurry back soon. We need you stateside!