Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Doughnuts, paninis and cheesesteaks


Mmmmmmm, doughnuts.

If you get a chance, read my story on the apple cider doughnuts at Milburn Orchards, near Elkton, Md. Now, I know, other orchards make doughnuts. (Someone here in the newsroom just waxed poetic about Linvilla Orchards apple cider doughnuts.)

But, let me tell you, Milburn's makes a Homer Simpson drool-worthy doughnut. I don't even want to think about the calorie count, and I don't, whenever I eat one.

Speaking of good food, I recently had a grilled Italian panini at Presto! Coffee Bar, 1204 Washington St., Wilmington, 777-3780. Melty provolone cheese, salty deli meats and toasty bread. Oh yeah. The spicy, pickled pepperoncinis served on the side was a perfect accompaniment. Bite of sandwich + bite of pepper = one good lunch.

But today is about cheesesteaks and I'm ordering one for lunch - Go PHILS!

I'll let you know later this afternoon where I went and what I tried.

No comments: