Monday, December 22, 2008

After shopping pick me up

Had a marathon Christmas shopping day on Saturday because:

1. I've been a big procrastinator this year.

2. I was hoping to find good sales.

By the end of the day - and after searching four stores for a toy that I still can't find - we needed a big pick-me-up. (I don't even want to think about all the wrapping I have to do tonight.)

Parked the car outside of Eclipse Bistro in Wilmington and one of the owners Nick Georgi greeted us at the door.

After glasses of pinot grigio, great mini crabs, a crunchy giant wonton stuffed with shrimp with black beans that was like an edible Christmas present, and gorgonzola/caramelized onion flatbread - all was right again in the world.

Probably didn't need the chocolate torte that followed, but who could resist a sugar-rush after all that shopping?

The Eclipse guys - who also own Dome Restaurant & Bar in Hockessin - are planning to open a new Italian restaurant, Capers & Lemons, in February.

Details to come. Stay tuned.

No comments: