Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas trees and new downtown Mexican eats place


Hope the weekend treated you well.


I got a Christmas tree. (Thanks for the good times on Saturday, Canterbury crew!) First live one in years and years. Yup, My name is Patricia and I once was a Charlie Brown fake, prelighted Christmas tree girl.....

Got it home and then realized I no longer had a Christmas Xmas tree stand or lights. WT...Out to Unhappy Harry's for a cheapie stand - the last one! - and lights, which I had to return since I didn't look at the boxes and see that the wires are white instead of green and will look funny on the tree. WT....

So here's the funny thing: Couches and Christmas trees look much smaller - until you get them in your house. This is One. Big. Tree. OMG. The tree guy wasn't kidding when he told me I chopped down (well, Eddie chopped it; I got my picture taken holding the saw) the Cadillac of trees. It's more like a mini-van. Well, the house smells great....

OK, enough about me: Some news you can use.
There's a ribbon cutting on Tuesday for Qdoba Mexican Grill in downtown Wilmington.

The Market Street eatery offers 13" California-style, made-to-order jumbo burritos, salads, tacos, nachos, and quesadillas. It's open daily.

Qdoba serves breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday through Saturday, and lunch/dinner from 10:30 a.m. through 10 p.m. Monday through Sunday.

Visit the web site or call 397-8851 for more details.

No comments: