Friday, April 3, 2009

More Reader Mail and news...


Happy Friday!

Former Shipley Grill owner Sean Reilly performs as Sinatra at Ameritage in Wilmington. Read Gary Soulsman's story.

Some upcoming changes to report:

Coming soon - most likely next week - we will be welcoming a few new bloggers to Second Helpings.

News Journal editors Peter Bothum, Jeff Gentry and Andre Smith are our new food DOGs - (Dining Out Guys.)

Their rotating posts will take the place of "Regular Guy Grub" that previously ran on Tuesdays.

While Peter, Jeff and Andre will still be chatting about "Regular Guy" food, they'll also chew other topics such as barbecuing, tailgating, cooking at home, etc. I'm very psyched to add their voices to the blog.

NOTE:
I will be taking a break from the keyboard starting Monday through April 13. The DOGs may begin guest blogging the week I'm away.

I received a couple of emails after Thursday's Reader Mail that I want to post today since there will be no Reader Mail on April 10.

Here's what readers had to say:

SAY "CIAO" TO CAFE NAPOLI

QUESTION: Hi Patricia. I am also SO jealous of your job! I wanted to comment on the gentleman who wanted authentic Italian. I don't think you can go wrong with Cafe Napoli. While they do give your standard Italian American dishes, they will also make anything you request. They have wonderful Caprese Salad and do have Limoncello too. I find their sauces flavorful, their portions outrageous, and their prices rock bottom. My son is a graduate of the Restaurant School in Philly and loves it there. Those food folks are definitely picky!
Beryl Gamiel

ANSWER: The love goes about to Napoli.

DID YOU KNOW THAT LUIGI IS A CIA ALUM?

QUESTION: Just a quick note about [Luigi Vitrone's] Pastabilities which you suggested in the article. Luigi is a graduate of CIA. Maybe the two of them can relive the old school memories.

Howard J. Karten

ANSWER: Thanks for the note Howard.

A RESTAURANT NEAR THE GRAND....

QUESTION: I'm e-mailing you because I love your restaurant reviews, but I wondered if you could give me a tip for a Wilmington restaurant for tonight? We are going to an 8 p.m. show at The Grand and we would like something fairly close by if possible. I wish I could remember some of the places you have recommended! We like pretty much any kind of food.
JoAnn Dawson

ANSWER: Dinner and show sounds like a great way to start the weekend, JoAnn. I like Orillas Tapas Bar & Restaurant on Market Street.You can get little plates of Spanish food. There's also Ameritage at Ninth and Orange streets and The Exchange at Ninth and Market streets.

I would call one of those restaurants RIGHT NOW, make reservations and explain that you are attending a Grand show. Have fun!

No comments: