Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Random food thoughts

Comedian Pat Cooper will be signing bottles of vodka on Thursday at Total Wines & More in Claymont. Read about here (second item.)

French bistro cooking - at home? Yes. Really. I made the smoked salmon tart (see recipe) and brought it to a party. It got raves from the crowd. Give it a try.

It's springtime and I can't get enough asparagus. Bought two big bunches yesterday at the Riverfront Market ($5) and used it last night in a shrimp and asparagus risotto flavored with lemon zest.

I saw a risotto recipe in the May issue of Gourmet, but I didn't cook the asparagus first which the recipe called for. (Dirtying another pan? Sorry, I'm too lazy) I just chopped up the asparagus and threw it into a pan along with the shrimp in the last few minutes of cooking. Turned out fine. Lemon zest is a very nice touch.

I think I'll just roast the other batch tonight.

No comments: