Thursday, June 28, 2007

Express doesn't always mean fast

A friend and I stopped at Kabab Express, 3621 Kirkwood Highway; 995-2233. It's inside Spice World, an Indian grocer, across from Panera Bread. We got the boti kabab ($6.49 for chicken; $7.49 for lamb). Calling this place an "express" is about as accurate as calling Paris Hilton a religion scholar. (C'mon now: How did Larry King keep a straight face when the heirhead claimed that she read the bible in jail?)

Only two people were in the kitchen and the guy behind the counter told us "Go sit down" while we waited for our meal. It wasn't a super long wait, but it certainly wasn't fast. The chunks of chicken and lamb weren't served on skewers - so much for kebabs. And the accompanying onions and green pepper were raw. (I was expecting them to be grilled.) But I enjoyed the spicy lamb (chicken was good, but a tad dry), the homemade coriander chutney and the hot and freshly made naan is worth a stop back. Bottom line: I'd go here again. Just not when I'm in a hurry.

1 comment:

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

www.wheelchairindia.com/43/Portable-Commode-Chair

Keep Posting:)