Friday, June 15, 2007

Ode to Panzarotti

Check out this poem, now on the Delaware Moms website. (OK, now I NEED a Panzarotti, despite those doggone 17 grams of fat per serving.)

Ode to a Panzarotti
Submitted by MarketingMom on Fri Jun 15, 2007

Dear Panzarotti, I look at you and wonder, why am I so loyal?
You're just some dough, puffed up by hot oil.

The line for your gooey goodness trails back to the fairgrounds.
At this point, no one is worried about packing on the pounds.

I hold you in my hand, glistening in your wax paper,
and I want to thank your creator, the dough shaper.

I wait; I anticipate; I salivate.

What is it about you? Inside your fold, you hold my memories.

Music, crowds, family, friends, melt together with your cheese.
I love you, Panzarotti. I'll see you again next year, you Italian hottie!

No comments: