Monday, June 4, 2007

Grilling: Part II

The heart wants what the heart wants.
But sometimes the pocket wins over. And the harsh words of loved ones.
I went grill shopping this weekend - and stared lovingly and longingly at Weber gas grills. I found a beauty and it was calling to me. In a dreamy state, I reached in my pocket for my credit card when two people who know me so well slapped me upside the head - figuratively speaking - and said: "Are you crazy??" This is a $600 to $700 grill, depending on where you shop.
Priorities, baby, priorities. That was the riot act I was read. My cash would be better suited elsewhere, my conscience and those head slappers told me. Then, they threatened to take my credit card. No toucha my card.
So we went to Sears and bought a Kenmore grill - which was less than half the price of the Weber. It's got three burners, porcelain cast-iron grates and a side burner (with removable griddle.)
Haven't used it yet, but I want to flick it on tonight. I like it, really I do, but I can't stop thinking about that Weber. Sigh!
Is it better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all?

No comments: