Monday, July 30, 2007

Po' boys

Hey foodies, I'm back from vacation and dealing with a ginormous amount of email and snail mail. While I play catch-up, let me entice you with this tidbit:

Have you ever been to the Seafood Shack on Baltimore Avenue in Rehoboth Beach?
If not, go. Now.
The house specialty at this no-frills eatery is seafood po'boys and they are outstanding. I've written about the Shack before, but I believe it's one of Rehoboth's true culinary gems. Get either the peacemaker po'boy - fried oysters, fried shrimp and a little crabcake - or the crabcake po'boy. The sandwiches come on a great roll and are dressed with shredded lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. (You can also get remoulade or wasabi mayonnaise.) Order a side of coleslaw - it's crunchy, homemade and not too sweet.

No comments: