Friday, May 16, 2008

Bob and Brussels sprouts


Yeah, I'll admit it: I'm a fan of NBC reality series "The Biggest Loser."

It's so much easier to watch people trying to lose weight than it is to actually do it yourself.

I just got some insider info about Bob Harper, the inspiring fitness coach. He LOVES to fire up his backyard grill.

"The best thing about grilling, for me, is the mental image I have of all that excess fat falling off the food," Harper says.

"It's the healthiest way to go. I grill all my vegetables. I just spray them with a little olive oil spray and they're good to go."

Harper's favorite veggie to grill: Brussels sprouts. Grill them long enough and he claims they'll taste "just like potatoes."

Yeah, OK, Bob. Whatever you say.

Harper's new book, "Are You Ready!: Take Charge, Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Change Your Life Forever" (Broadway Books, 2008) includes advice that successful weight loss can begin when you build confidence and get rid of negative thinking.

Start by repeating this mantra: Brussel sprouts are better than potatoes.
Do you feel thinner already?

No comments: