Wednesday, September 12, 2007

London eats ain't cheap

London is the most expensive dining capital in the world. A meal costs more than double the average cost of a New York meal.
The average meal in London costs just over $79, beating out Paris, at nearly $72 and Tokyo, at just over $71, according to a Zagat survey of 5,300 Londoners.
Last time I was in London, I tried not to think about the cost. It's easy when you're using English pounds which look like "play money." And it's even easier when you get star struck. One evening at St. John Bar & Restaurant, an excellent eatery, two pals and I were seated near Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale. The English were so cool - everyone pretended like they didn't know who they were. Kind of hilarious since Stefani, with her glowing Marilyn Monroe blonde hair and bright red lipstick, was pretty hard to miss.
I got home, scanned my credit card bills and suddenly realized, "OH, GEEZ. That's how the pound translates....."

No comments: