Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Corn chowder


Do you stop eating corn on the cob after Labor Day?
Once September rolls around I'm usually done gnawing on cobs. But the sweet taste of corn should still be savored.

I had a wonderful bowl of fresh corn chowder last Friday at Culinaria restaurant in Brandywine Hundred. It was so good, I want to try and replicate it in my kitchen. The chowder was only on the menu for a few days. Can't get it any longer. Owner Ezio Reynaud is on vacation this week - and Culinaria is closed. The soup has been 86'ed from the menu until next summer. Darn!

But ears of corn are still available at farm markets. I'm going to get a dozen or two and strip the cobs clean for soup. I'll freeze whatever I don't use.

So what did you eat or drink this weekend? Comment below.

No comments: