Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Quesadillas and cookies


If you get a chance, check out my story today on Sara Foster and her recipe for barbecued chicken and chickpea quesadillas. I made this dish for dinner the other night - but subbed leftover pork for the chicken - and it was simple and delicious.

I know what you're thinking: Quesadillas, how hard is that? But what I like about Sara is that she uses ingredients easily found in the pantry, refrigerator and grocery stores and combines them in ways that may not immediately come to mind. Sara also encourages home cooks to think beyond the old school thought of dinner as just a meat, starch and a veg.
I've also included Sara's recipe for peanut butter cookies from her first cookbook "The Foster's Market Cookbook." People love these old-fashioned cookies. (Add a cup of chocolate chips and they go bonkers!)

No comments: