Friday, August 1, 2008

Cheeseburger (not quite) in Paradise


Busy writing day today. So can't get to reader mail. But it will return next week. You ask, we answer. All dining/food/drink questions every Friday. (Usually.)

But be warned: It will make you very, very hungry.


I'm a huge hamburger fan. In an Italian coffeehouse last year in Trieste - drinking the best cup of coffee I have ever had in my life (Hausbrandt brand) - I proudly defended the American hamburger after a new Italian friend dismissed all American food, especially the hamburger. She was very nice, but had the wrong idea that all hamburgers were basically flat, lifeless, juiceless McDonald burgers.

By the end of a passionate conversation - all conversations about food in Italy are filled with passion - I think I had her convinced that she needed to give a real burger a try.

No comments: