Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reader mail - update


I'm off on a "field trip" on Friday to the Green Dragon Farmer's Market and Auction in Lancaster County.

Anyone been there? It's more than 20 acres of shopping with more than 400 local growers, merchants and craftsmen. It's open every Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
UPDATE: Had to postpone the market trip until next Friday. Any tips before I go next week?




Reader mailbag included some snail mail from Bill and Val Robinson, who live in Pennsville, N.J.

I'm not going to type out the whole letter, but the Robinsons, big fans of crabs, said I've got to check out Sidelines Bar & Grill at 106 N. Hook Road in Pennsville, N.J.; (856) 678-3400.

They went recently and ordered two dozen crabs ($19.95 a dozen) and they come to the table CLEANED. Diners can get regular or garlic crabs.

"We have had crabs many places over many years. These were the best crabs I have ever had. I didn't realize how much meat was in a crab. They were very heavy and fresh," they wrote

Now, that's some endorsement. I have to go check this place out.

The Robinsons even gave directions from Delaware: Go over Delaware Memorial Bridge and head for 295. As the road swings left (north) go off the exit to the right to Hook Road. Sidelines is on the left about a mile down Hook Road.





No comments: