Monday, August 11, 2008

Whatever, Martha!


I've met most of the major players on the national food scene.

But there's one person I haven't - and actually don't mind avoiding: Martha Stewart. (Photo to the right: Her Highness of Haughty sitting next to Frolic Weymouth at Winterthur's Point-to-Point steeplechase races.)

I like Martha's cookbooks and I like her magazine. And I've had the opportunity to interview her. But I've passed.

Why?

Too many stories from people who have worked with Martha that all pretty much say she's not exactly warm and cuddly nor the easiest person to get along with. Sorry, but I just didn't want to put myself through that experience. A jerky celebrity experience is never "a good thing."

So it's good to hear that Martha has a sense of humor.

Well, kind of. Check out this story in The New York Times.

No comments: