Friday, August 15, 2008

Random food thoughts


Hey all, don't know about you, but I'm so looking forward to the weekend.
I'm making Michel Richard's corn nugget crab cakes one night (see photo to the right) and grilled pork with peach chutney the next. The crab cakes take some work - OK, a lot of work - and you must use impeccably fresh corn - but this dish is summer on a plate.

Tonight, I'm checking out a new Vietnamese restaurant at 1146 Pulaski Highway, Bear; 595-2529. It's called Pho Nhu Vu.


Pho is Vietnamese noodle soup and it's wonderful. But, I haven't found any place outside of Philly that has good pho. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will let you know what it's like.


Just saw that a new Tapas Lounge & Restaurant has opened on Kirkwood Highway in a small strip center near the Soffrito Restaurant, just outside of Newark. No details yet, but stay tuned.......




Just call her Child. Julia Child. Julia was a spy? And she could make a mean souffle?
Sorry, Mr. Bond, but I think Mrs. Child's cooking and spooking abilities best you. Now, go have a martini any darn way you'd like it.

No comments: