Friday, May 4, 2007

New Sussex County fish house

This is exciting news: The former Shark's Cove restaurant off Del. 54 in Fenwick Island has just reopened as Catch 54 Fish House.

It's the latest restaurant from Matt Haley's SoDel Concepts. Haley and company also run Fish On in Lewes, Northeast Seafood Kitchen in Ocean View and Bluecoast Seafood Grill in Bethany.

I haven't been there yet but I'm definitely going to check it out. The former Shark's Cove, kind of a secret restaurant, had own of the most beautiful views of the Assawoman Bay. (I know, I know, it's really hard to write that without snickering. That name has made me laugh since my family started visiting Fenwick Island in the early '80s. Age obviously doesn't cure immaturity.)

Catch 54 has a dockside patio bar, as well as a full waterfront dining area. It's now open Wednesday through Sunday at for dinner at 5pm. Starting Memorial Day and extending all the way through the summer and fall season, Catch 54 will serve lunch, dinner and a late night menu.

No comments: