Thursday, May 24, 2007

Top Chef returns



I tried to watch the "American Idol" finale last night, but found it so boring - did anyone else think Bette Midler sounded weirdly off-key? - that I went into the kitchen and began making chili.

Chopping and cooking instantly makes me happy. While the pot was bubbling away, I switched on the Bravo TV hair-cutting competition program "Shear Genius" - my name is Patricia and, yes, I am a reality TV show junkie - and saw an upcoming promo for Top Chef: Season 3 Miami.

Top Chef! Top Chef! Top Chef!

Now, you're talking, baby.

OK, so aspects of "Top Chef" last season bummed me out - didn't care one iota for the frat-boy hazing of Marcel, the annoying little guy who looks like Astro Boy - but I think I've found the strength to forgive the producers because this series is so darn entertaining.

On June 6 at 10 p.m., there's a "grudge match" between the Season 1 and Season 2 All-Stars. (Steven! LeeAnne! Ilan! Marcel!)

Then, the new season begins June 13.

I think I may blog every Thursday about the previous night's Top Chef episode - and get your reactions.

Second Helpings readers, what do you think? Anyone interested in Top Chef?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Top Chef and I will enjoy reading your reviews of it, but I like Hell's Kitchen twice as much and that is also returning soon.
RICHARD

JoAnn said...

Love TOP CHEF and will definitely enjoy your "take" on the episodes.

Slight correction -- the Food Network website says that the new season starts on June 3.

J

JoAnn said...

OOOOPPPPPsss --sorry......I was talking about The Next Food Network Star and you were talking about Top Chef.

How confusing....both series wilol be on during the same time span!

Sorry

J

Patricia Talorico said...

Richard, I forgot that Hell's Kitchen is premiering on June 4! OK, I'll definitely have to weigh in on Gordon Ramsay, Britain's Beelzebub of cooking, and the poor, poor old sogs who will have to suffer his abuse this season.