Friday, April 13, 2007

Acme's Delaware Dithering

As a food lover, I cook. As a cook, I love to shop -- patrolling groceries on idle afternoons for hard-to-find items and gourmet treats. Some stores are sure bets for goodies -- FoodSource in Greenville, Janssen's, and Wegman's up in Pa. Lately, though, a few of Delaware's Acmes have been ratcheting up their offerings, stocking the shelves with a solid assortment of gourmet ingredients and organic products, but strangely enough, there's been a lack of consistency. The Acmes on Limestone road (one in Pike Creek, the other farther north in Lantana Square) are great sources these days, but Acme seems to favor the folks from more refined suburban areas. I present as an example the Acme in Prices Corner, which has been notable for the absence of many goods available at the other stores. The neighborhoods around it are admittedly more Blue Collar, but I can assure Acme they contain more than a few food lovers -- namely me.

No comments: